Selecting the right kind of timber flooring could be a tricky work to accomplish. Every material has its own set of flaws and merits. But timber has its peculiar set of elegance and advantages that make many home owners to install it in their homes. Many home owners tend to visitwww.fowlerscarpets.com.au/timberfloors for ideas because they never installed timber floors before.
How to select the timber floor?
- Right grade of wood or timber: In case you are up for natural appearance to the floor, then you must go for the standard grade of timber. Select grade wood floors are known for their considerable appeal. Character grade wood floor are also know to be stylish and creative.
- Floor colour: Always select a colour for the timber floor that will go with the complete appearance of your room. There are three prominent colour themes in timber floors, cream, brown and red. Always select that, which will appeal to the aesthetic sense of the home; the most.
- Technical specifications: You must be aware of fundamental technical properties of timber floor that you want to use for your flooring. Do check the complete details for the hardness and durability of timber, which you wish to buy or even considering buying. This is necessary, so you know that your timber floors would stave off all kind or maximum kinds of bacterial attacks as well as humidity damages and last long.
- Requirement: You must know how much timber you require to cover your floor. This means that the timber should be accurately cut and relatively modified to suit the need; so they are fitted correctly on the floor. Though, these cuttings do invariably cause a bit of wastage, but that is negotiable. Always keep additional provisions, least you suffer unavoidable wastages.
- Ideal sized board: There are multiple sizes of timber boards available for the floors. These are classified as per their thickness, width and structural features. Thus, you will have to choose one, which suits the requirement as well as your preferences.
- Attractive finish: This is important because a certain dash of panache and sophistication will lend that attractiveness to the floor of timber. Most of the consumers prefer a satin-finish timber floor, over any other option.
Other than all the above tips, you must also consider adequate measures, so to keep your newly installed timber floors clean; all the time. www.fowlerscarpets.com.au/timberfloors has many tips for that.